The evocative black and white images were taken between 1900 and 1920 and are from a collection of lantern slides held by the Museum of English Rural Life (MERL) University of Reading and produced by their kind permission. merl.reading.ac.uk
- The Flax Harvest of 1917 with members of the Women’s Land Army
- Packing fruit baskets in an orchard in Kent
- A woman with poultry
- Watering the gardens at Swanley Horticultural College, Kent
- Clematis cirrhosa ‘Wisley Cream’ growing over a pergola
- Pot planted with Cordyline australis, Cosmos atrosanguineaus, Helichrysum, Begonia boliviensis and Begonia ‘Glowing Embers’
The colour photographs were taken by Sally Foord-Kelcey (copyright).
The cards are blank for you to write your own messages / greetings. Price includes post & packaging.